No time to cook breakfast, think about it again. This one is one the easiest breakfast egg recipes I make and never bored of it. You can cook with any ingredients in you refrigerator and voilà you have delicious dish.
I don’t have to tell you how important breakfast is. “Breakfast provides the body and brain with fuel after an overnight fast – that’s where its name originates, breaking the fast! Without breakfast you are effectively running on empty, like trying to start the car with no petrol!
- breakfast should be eaten within two hours of waking
- a healthy breakfast should provide calories in the range of 20-35% of your guideline daily allowance (GDA).”
Well these are not my words :), you can read the rest of it here.
This is one of my easiest breakfast recipes with just a handful of ingredients. You can add any ingredient of choice to these eggs and they still will be delicious.
Eggs- 5 nos, beaten
Spinach – 60gm, chopped
Onion- 1/2 of a small onion, finely chopped
Ginger- 1/2 inch piece , finely chopped
Thai red chillies- 2 nos
Coriander leaves- a small bunch, finely chopped
Curry masala- 1 tsp
Coconut oil- 1 tsp
Salt- to taste
- Prep all your ingredients.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan; add the chopped ginger and saute it a few seconds. Then add the onions and chillies and continue to saute till the onions turn translucent. To this add the curry masala. Once the masala is cooked, add the spinach leaves. Saute until the spinach leaves just begin to wilt, this would not take very long.
- At this stage, add the beaten eggs and continue stirring to scramble the eggs. Check for seasoning. Once the eggs are cooked, remove from heat. Add the chopped coriander leaves and serve.