Quesadilla (pron: kay-sah-DEE-yah) – is made of a flour or corn tortilla, filled with cheese and/or vegetable and meat. This dish originated in Mexico (ME hi co- like the Spanish say it). A quesadilla is made with a tortilla which is filled with cheese and/ or other ingredients like as avocado, meat, vegetable. The filled tortilla is warmed until the cheese is melted. One can toast, grill or even fry the quesadilla.
I prepared this recipe using leftover chappatis, it’s a quick fix meal with a few ingredients. Toasting the tortilla gives it a nice crunch on the outside.
Chapatti (Indian Flatbread) – 2 nos.
Mushroom; sliced- 2 cups
Mint leaves; fresh a handful
Smoked Paprika- ¾ tsp.
Red hot Dutch cheese- 15gms
Olive oil- a tablespoon
Sea salt- to taste
- In a skillet, heat a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Saute mushrooms in the skillet.
- Stir in the paprika.
- Take off the heat and season with salt.
- Put half the filling and the cheese on the tortilla, and fold it half.
- Grill the tortilla until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with salsa and sour cream or a simple fresh side salad.